Selwyn Snow Resort
Selwyn area in Kosciuszko National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Selwyn Snow Resort.
Getting there and parking
Selwyn Snow Resort is closed due to severe fire damage.
- It's recommended that all vehicles carry snow chains from the June to October long weekends. Read our snow driving in Kosciuszko tips.
- Check the weather before you set out as roads can close in extreme conditions.
- Sealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- Snow chains required after snow
Maps and downloads
Flying a drone for recreational purposes is prohibited in this area. Drones may affect public enjoyment, safety and privacy, interfere with park operations, or pose a threat to wildlife. See the Drones in Parks policy.
This area may be a declared Drone Exclusion Zone, or may be subject to Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA) rules for flying near airports, aerodromes and helicopter landing sites. See CASA's Drone Flyer Rules.
Commercial filming and photography
NSW national parks are no smoking areas. The alpine resorts of Thredbo, Perisher, Charlotte Pass, Selwyn, Ski Rider and Kosciuszko Tourist Park are exempt, though some commercial and outdoor places within these resorts may have no smoking areas.
- Tumut Region Visitor Centre
- 9am to 5pm daily. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 6947 7025
- The Old Butter Factory, 5 Adelong Road, Tumut NSW 2720
- in the Selwyn area of Kosciuszko National Park in the Snowy Mountains region
The Selwyn area is open all year, but some roads and trails may close due to weather conditions or park management issues. Kings Cross Road and the Khancoban-Cabramurra Road are closed in winter (June to October long weekends). Some campgrounds in the Selwyn area close in winter.
Park entry fees apply in winter on Link Road
June to October long weekends: $29 per vehicle per day (24hrs from purchase); motorcycles $12; bus passengers $11.45 per adult, $3.60 per child per day (24hrs).Buy annual pass