North Glory Cave
Yarrangobilly area in Kosciuszko National Park
This cave is closed until further notice to protect the health and safety of our visitors and staff. Explore North Glory Cave by guided tour to glimpse a rarely seen underworld in Kosciuszko National Park.
- Show caves
- Yarrangobilly area in Kosciuszko National Park
- No wheelchair access
- Time suggested
- 1hr 30min
- Medium. Suitable for all ages. Moderate fitness required. The path is 358m long with 195 steep stairs.
Adult $26 per person. Concession $20 per person (incl. school-age children, Australian pension, Veterans Affairs and Seniors card holders). Family $78 (2 adults and up to 2 children).
- Entry fees
- Park entry fees apply
- Opening times
North Glory Cave entry is by guided tour only. Tours available during school holiday periods and by prior request.
- Meeting point
- Meet your guide at the North Glory Cave entrance inside Glory Arch. It’s around 500m walk from Glory Cave carpark.
- What to
- Sturdy shoes, clothes for all weather conditions, sunscreen
- Bookings required. Group bookings available. To book, phone 02 6454 9597 or email Yarrangobilly Caves.
- Please note
- Tours run for 1.5 hours. They start and end at the North Glory Cave entrance.
- It’s a good idea to bring a jacket—the average temperature in this cave is 10˚C and it's usually damp.
Only accessible by guided tour, a visit to this remarkable cave is a journey into a hidden world of vast chambers and stunning crystal features.
Meet your guide at Glory Arch, the giant cave entrance with an impressive opening to the sky, the Glory Hole. From there you’ll explore a series of enormous chambers seemingly fit for royalty—like Queen’s Chamber, with its immense stalactites and intriguing crystal formations.
In Smugglers Passage look up to see the ancient spiral of a dry stream carved in the ceiling. Here the cave walls also bear signatures of European settlers written during colonial times. Helictite Chamber will delight you with its delicate crystal formations that glitter and point in every direction. Finally, you’ll explore the mysterious Devils Kitchen, with its trove of stunning calcite crystals.
If North Glory Cave has you curious to see more of this remarkable cave system, why not combine your visit with a self-guided tour of South Glory Cave just next door? Back outside, there’s plenty more to do. Scenic Yarrangobilly River walk is nearby if you’d like to stretch your legs in the open air. Be sure to remember your swimmers for an unforgettable visit to magical Yarrangobilly Caves thermal pool, naturally heated year-round to 27°C.
Take a leisurely self-guided tour through the lofty chambers of South Glory Cave. Absorb the wonders of the largest cave in the Yarrangobilly area of Kosciuszko National Park.
Follow the family-friendly Yarrangobilly River walk, at Yarrangobilly Caves, beside the crystal-clear river. Enjoy the views, spot wildlife, and stop for a swim at the Thermal Pool along the way.
The free NSW National Parks app lets you download maps and explore parks, things to do and places to stay—all without mobile reception.
From the Blue Mountains to northern Kosciuszko, NSW boats some amazing caves and geological wonders that are perfect all-weather adventures.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Yarrangobilly Caves Visitor Centre
- 9am to 5pm daily. Closed Christmas Day
- 02 6454 9597
- 50 Yarrangobilly Caves Road, Yarrangobilly, NSW 2720
- in the Yarrangobilly area of Kosciuszko National Park in the Snowy Mountains region
The Yarrangobilly area is open all year. See individual show caves and guided tours for times and prices. Additional tours run during NSW school holidays. Contact Yarrangobilly Caves on (02) 6454 9597 to confirm the tour times for your visit.
Park entry fees apply in the Yarrangobilly area
$4 per vehicle per day applies at Yarrangobilly Caves for motor vehicles without a Kosciuszko National Park day pass or NPWS All Parks annual pass.
You’ll need to buy a ticket or cave pass from the Yarrangobilly Caves Visitor Centre to visit all Yarrangobilly’s caves.Buy annual pass