Yarrangobilly area in Kosciuszko National Park
COVID-safe cave tours
In line with the latest NSW Government COVID-19 advice, masks are encouraged for indoor settings where you cannot maintain a safe distance from others.
Take a fascinating guided tour of Jillabenan Cave. It's the smallest and most accessible of the Yarrangobilly Caves in Kosciuszko National Park, but it's packed with incredibly delicate formations.
- Show caves
- Yarrangobilly area in Kosciuszko National Park
- Easy. Suitable for all ages, mobility and fitness levels. There is a 150m path to the cave. The path through the cave is 73m long.
Adult $26 per person. Concession $22 per person (incl. school-age children, Australian pension, Veterans Affairs and Seniors card holders). Family $82 (2 adults and 2 children). Children 5 years and under free.
- Entry fees
- Park entry fees apply
- Opening times
Tours run most days. Dates and times are displayed when making an online booking.
- Meeting point
- Leave your vehicle at Jillabenan Cave carpark on Cave Tour Loop Road, around 1km from the visitor centre. Then follow signs to the guide meeting point.
- What to
- Sturdy shoes, suitable clothing
- Bookings required. Phone 1300 072 757 or book online. Private tour bookings available, phone 02 6454 9597 or email Yarrangobilly Caves.
- Please note
- Jillabenan is one of only 4 wheelchair-accessible caves in Australia, and is ideal for young families and older visitors.
Don’t miss a guided tour through the oldest show cave at Yarrangobilly – Jillabenan Cave is around 2 million years old. This intimate cave gets you up close to impressive displays of delicate straws and shawls, cave coral, stalactites and helictites.
If it’s too cold or hot outside, a cave tour's a great choice, though it’s worth taking a jacket as temperatures are around 13˚C underground.
After your tour, walk to the Thermal Pool for a relaxing soak in the 27˚C mineral waters, or visit one of Yarrangobilly’s other beautiful caves. A short walk up the road from Jillabenan Cave carpark, Bluff lookout offers panoramic views of the Yarrangobilly Valley and Caves House.
Take a virtual tour of Jillabenan Cave captured with Google Street View Trekker.
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
An iconic endangered species, the southern corroboree frog, found only in Kosciuszko National Park, faces the grave threat of extinction. Saving Our Species aims to prevent this from happening by battling chytrid fungus, protecting frog habitat from pests, and fostering a captive breeding program.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Yarrangobilly Caves Visitor Centre
- 9am to 5pm daily. Closed Christmas Day
- 02 6454 9597
- 50 Yarrangobilly Caves Road, Yarrangobilly, NSW 2720
- in the Yarrangobilly area of Kosciuszko National Park in the Snowy Mountains region
The Yarrangobilly area is open all year. See individual show caves and guided tours for times and prices. Additional tours run during NSW school holidays. Contact Yarrangobilly Caves on (02) 6454 9597 to confirm the tour times for your visit.
Park entry fees apply in the Yarrangobilly area
$4 per vehicle per day applies at Yarrangobilly Caves for motor vehicles without a Kosciuszko National Park day pass or NPWS All Parks annual pass.
You’ll need to buy a ticket or cave pass from the Yarrangobilly Caves Visitor Centre to visit all Yarrangobilly’s caves.Buy annual pass