Bluff lookout walk
Yarrangobilly area in Kosciuszko National Park
Climb Bluff lookout walk for panoramic views over Yarrangobilly Caves House, nestled amongst the valley and limestone cliffs. The walk's easily combined with a picnic or Jillabenan Cave tour.
- Yarrangobilly area in Kosciuszko National Park
- No wheelchair access
- 2km one-way
- Time suggested
- 45min - 1hr 15min
- Grade 4
- Entry fees
- Park entry fees apply
- What to
- Drinking water, hat, sunscreen
- Please note
- You can also park at the Bluff lookout sign on Cave Loop Road, where it's an easy 300m return walk to the lookout.
- This walk is easily combined with one of the daily tours of Jillabenan Cave.
While many walks in the Yarrangobilly area meander down towards the Yarrangobilly River and thermal pool, this one heads up to Bluff lookout. It can be quite a steep climb at times, but the rewards are many when you reach your destination.
From Glory Cave carpark, follow the loop road up Yarrangobilly Valley. Take a detour along Jillabenan Cave access track to look down upon Harrie Wood Gorge, before continuing a little further along the road to the Bluff lookout sign. The 150m track takes you to the lookout, perched high above Yarrangobilly Caves House. Soak in the views across the valley, and keep an eye out for birdlife and lizards.
From here, follow the track 500m downhill to the picnic area behind the visitor centre. If you've worked up an appetite, this is a scenic spot to cook up lunch on the free electric barbecues.
If you prefer a shorter walk, join the track from the small Bluff lookout carpark on Cave Loop Road. It's a 300m return walk to the lookout.
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
Stay in the luxurious guest rooms at Yarrangobilly Caves House. It's an award winning heritage house (circa 1917) set in a breathtaking part of Kosciuszko National Park. This charming self catered accommodation is perfect for couples or families who wish to escape the crowds.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Yarrangobilly Caves Visitor Centre
- 9am to 5pm daily. Closed Christmas Day
- 02 6454 9597
- 50 Yarrangobilly Caves Road, Yarrangobilly, NSW 2720
- in the Yarrangobilly area of Kosciuszko National Park in the Snowy Mountains region
The Yarrangobilly area is open all year. See individual show caves and guided tours for times and prices. Additional tours run during NSW school holidays. Contact Yarrangobilly Caves on (02) 6454 9597 to confirm the tour times for your visit.
Park entry fees apply in the Yarrangobilly area
$4 per vehicle per day applies at Yarrangobilly Caves for motor vehicles without a Kosciuszko National Park day pass or NPWS All Parks annual pass.
You’ll need to buy a ticket or cave pass from the Yarrangobilly Caves Visitor Centre to visit all Yarrangobilly’s caves.Buy annual pass