Turkey Flat picnic area and bird hide
Murrumbidgee Valley National Park
All the practical information you need to know about the Turkey Flat picnic area and bird hide.
Getting there and parking
Turkey Flat picnic area and bird hide is in the MIA 2 precinct of Murrumbidgee Valley National Park.
To get there from Leeton:
- Drive east towards Narrandera on Irrigation Way
- Head through the township of Yanco and, just after crossing the train line, turn right onto Euroley Road.
- Continue down Euroley Road for 400m and turn right onto River Road
- Follow River Road for 2.5km – the entrance to Turkey Flat Wetland and the picnic area is on the left.
Check the weather before you set out as the road to Turkey Flat picnic area and bird hide can become boggy when it rains.
- Unsealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- Dry weather only
Car and bus parking is available at the Turkey Flat Wetland carpark, a short walk from Turkey Flat picnic area and bird hide.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Murrumbidgee Valley National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
Evenings can be balmy at this time of year, so it's still a great time to camp.
Picturesque morning mists are common at this time of year and birds and animals are most active.
Enjoy early morning and late afternoon swimming during these hotter months.
This is Murray crayfish season, and a great time to head to the river.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
16°C and 32°C
4°C and 16.5°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
- Drinking water is not available in this area, so it’s a good idea to bring your own.
- You’re encouraged to bring gas or fuel stoves, especially in summer during the fire season.
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - medium
- Assistance may be required to access this area
- Griffith office
- Monday to Friday, 9am to 4pm. Closed 1pm to 2pm.
- 02 6966 8100
- 200 Yambil Street, Griffith NSW 2680