Turingal Head picnic area
Bournda National Park
Make your way to Turingal Head picnic area for a fun-filled day full of swimming, fishing, stunning scenery and amazing birdlife.
- Picnic areas
- Bournda National Park
- Entry fees
- Park entry fees apply
- What to
- Hat, sunscreen, drinking water
- Please note
- There is limited mobile reception in this park.
- Remember to take your binoculars if you want to bird/whale watch.
Nestled among the red gums and giant honey myrtle, Turingal Head picnic area is a tranquil setting for a relaxing picnic near the glistening waters of Wallagoot Lake and Wine Glass Bay.
Sit back and enjoy this peaceful spot from one of the many sheltered nooks or picnic shelters. Wander down to the wetlands around the mouth of the Wallagoot Lake for some colourful birdwatching.
You could take the short 200m walk to Wine Glass Bay, where you’ll encounter spectacular views. Continue another 100m to the ocean beach where you can enjoy a refreshing swim or a peaceful afternoon of beach fishing. If you’re feeling energetic, why not explore the southern part of the Kangarutha walking track?
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
Saving our Species is an innovative conservation program in NSW. This program aims to secure as many threatened species that can be secured in the wild as possible, for the next 100 years.
- Merimbula office
- Monday to Friday and some weekends during peak holiday periods, 10am to 3pm.
- 02 6495 5000
- 47 Merimbula Drive, cnr Sapphire Coast Drive, Merimbula NSW 2548
- in Bournda National Park in the South Coast region
Bournda National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to extreme weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$8 per vehicle per day. The park has coin-operated pay and display machines - please bring correct coins.Buy an annual pass.
02 6495 5000
Contact hours: Monday to Friday and some weekends during peak holiday periods, 10am to 3pm.
- Corner Sapphire Coast and Merimbula Drives, Merimbula NSW
- Email: FSCR@environment.nsw.gov.au
Fax: 02 6495 5055