Tooloom picnic area
Tooloom National Park
Tooloom picnic area is nestled in a small clearing surrounded by lush Tooloom Scrub in Tooloom National Park. A walking track and scenic lookout can be accessed from here.
- Picnic areas
- Tooloom National Park in Country NSW
- What to
- Drinking water
- Please note
- Remember to take your binoculars if you want to birdwatch.
- There is limited/no mobile reception in this park.
- Bring your own cooking water.
Whether you’re on a road trip, cycling tour, or based in a nearby town, Tooloom picnic area is a great place to visit. Set in a small clearing within the lush subtropical rainforest of Tooloom Scrub, the picnic area gives you a taster of what’s to come if you decide to explore further on Tooloom walking track. Tooloom lookout, set in a eucalypt forest with sweeping scenic views, is also accessible from the picnic area.
As you enjoy a barbecue lunch with friends, family, or by yourself, listen out for the call of wompoo fruit-doves, which have a deep, resonant ‘wollack-a-woo’ or sometimes just ‘boo’ call. See if you can catch sight of one of these strikingly beautiful large doves, which are predominantly purple, yellow, and green. In summer, look out for the bright red fruit of walking stick palms in the rainforest surrounding the picnic area. In spring, the red tips of new leaves will decorate red cedars, and lime-green shoots can be seen on white cedars.
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Kyogle office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6632 0000
- 136 Summerland Way, Kyogle NSW 2474
- in Tooloom National Park in the Country NSW region
Tooloom National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.