Tia Falls picnic area
Oxley Wild Rivers National Park
All the practical information you need to know about the Tia Falls picnic area.
Getting there and parking
Tia Falls picnic area is in the Tia Falls precinct of Oxley Wild Rivers National Park. To get there:
- Take Oxley Highway from Walcha and look for the turn-off to Tia Falls, 19km past the Apsley Gorge turn-off.
- Follow this unsealed road/trail for 7km to Tia Falls picnic area
Check the weather before you set out as the road to Tia Falls lookout and picnic area can become boggy when it rains.
- Unsealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- All weather
Parking is available at Tia Falls lookout and picnic area.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Oxley Wild Rivers National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
A great time to tackle the Green Gully track when the days are not too hot and the nights not too cold.
The heathlands are a riot of colour when the flowers are out.
The waterfalls are likely to be at their most impressive after the summer rains.
Crisp, cool and clear days are good for a brisk half day bushwalk.
You'll need to bring drinking and cooking water.
- Gas/electric barbecues (free)
- Wood barbecues (bring your own firewood)
Maps and downloads
- Walcha office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6777 4700
- 188W North Street, Walcha NSW 2354
- in Oxley Wild Rivers National Park in the North Coast and Country NSW regions
Oxley Wild Rivers National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
There are 3 areas in Oxley Wild Rivers National Park where you'll need day use vehicle permits: Halls Peak campground and picnic area, Riverside campground and picnic area, and Youdales Hut campground and picnic area. Day use vehicle permits can be bought online or by calling the National Parks Contact Centre on 1300 072 757. If camping, permit fees are included in the campground fee.Contact us for permits