The Pines picnic area
Yarriabini National Park
All the practical information you need to know about the The Pines picnic area.
Getting there and parking
The Pines picnic area is in the central precinct of Yarriabini National Park. To get there:
- From Macksville, follow the Pacific Highway south for approximately 5km
- Turn right onto Scotts Head Road and follow for approximately 5km
- Turn right into Way Way Creek Road and continue until you reach the picnic area
- Unsealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- 4WD required in wet weather
- Parking is available at The Pines picnic area, including several designated disabled spots.
- Mini-bus parking is available.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Yarriabini National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
Take your mountain bike along Way Way Creek Road and feel the refreshing air in the forest.
Enjoy a scenic drive along Way Way Creek Road, with its bubbling creek crossings and vibrant green forest.
Enjoy a picnic under the shade and wander through the cool rainforest at The Pines picnic area.
Admire the colourful banksias in flower along Tower Road as you head up to Yarriabini lookout to see spectacular views of Macleay Valley.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
18°C and 27°C
11°C and 19°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
You'll need to bring your own drinking water.
- Gas/electric barbecues (free)
- Wood barbecues (firewood supplied)
- Fire rings (firewood supplied)
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - medium
Assistance may be required to access this area.
- Ramp for access to toilets
- Coffs Harbour office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6652 0900
- 32 Marina Drive, Coffs Harbour NSW 2450