Tea Tree picnic area and lookout
Munmorah State Conservation Area
Check the surf and keep a keen eye out for whales from the lookout at Tea Tree picnic area. A short walk to Birdie Beach, it’s a great spot to stop for lunch and a swim.
- Picnic areas
- Munmorah State Conservation Area
- Entry fees
- Park entry fees apply
- Opening times
- Munmorah State Conservation Area is open between 5.30am and 9pm (daylight savings time), and 5.30am to 6pm (other times).
- Please note
- Remember to take your binoculars if you want to bird watch or whale watch.
Keen surfers will appreciate the sweeping views from the lookout at Tea Tree picnic area. Inspect the waves and then decide whether to head down to the boardwalk and paddle out or have a relaxed barbie while you wait for the conditions to change.
During winter, the lookout is an excellent spot to station yourself with the binoculars and spot whales passing by on their epic migration. You can even record your sighting online.
Tea trees surround a quiet picnic area where there are free gas barbecues and picnic tables.
Using Google Street View Trekker, we've captured imagery across a range of NSW national parks and attractions. Get a bird's eye view of these incredible landscapes before setting off on your own adventure.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- 02 9585 6831
- Lake Munmorah office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4pm.
- 02 4972 9000
- 1 Blue Wren Drive, Wybung NSW 2259
- in Munmorah State Conservation Area in the Sydney and surrounds and North Coast regions
Spring/summer open hours
Munmorah State Conservation Area is open 5.30am–9pm, from the start of the NSW school holiday period in September (Friday) until the last day of the NSW autumn school holidays.
Autumn/winter open hours
Munmorah State Conservation Area is open 5.30am–7pm, from 1 May until the day before the start of the NSW September school holidays (Thursday).
Park entry fees:
$8 per vehicle per day. The park has pay and display machines - please bring correct coins (cards accepted).Buy annual pass