Tamboi picnic area
Myall Lakes National Park
Tamboi picnic area, near the historic fishing village site on Myall River, is a great stopover while paddling in Myall Lakes National Park, near Bombah Broadwater.
- Picnic areas
- Myall Lakes National Park in North Coast
- Entry fees
- Park entry fees apply
- What to
- Drinking water, hat, sunscreen
- Please note
- Remember to take your binoculars if you want to birdwatch
- There are no toilets at Tamboi picnic area. Facilities are located at Mungo Brush campground.
Tamboi picnic area, near the site of historic Tamboi fishing village, takes in lovely water views in the southern Bombah Broadwater, on the western banks of Myall River. It’s an ideal pit stop on a boating adventure in the southern section of Myall Lakes National Park.
Arriving at the old wharf, moor the boat or kayak and find your land legs. Unpack a delicious lunch in the shade of the sheltered picnic tables. As you tuck in, watch for the yellow-tailed black cockatoos snacking on the fruits of the nearby she-oaks.
If you love paddling, canoe south along the tranquil Myall River for a night under the stars at Brambles Green campground.
Google Street View Trekker
Using Google Street View Trekker, we've captured imagery across a range of NSW national parks and attractions. Get a bird's eye view of these incredible landscapes before setting off on your own adventure.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Booti Booti Office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm. Closed public holidays.
- 02 6591 0300
- The Ruins campground, Booti Booti National Park, 4374 The Lakes Way, Booti Booti 2428
- in Myall Lakes National Park in the North Coast region
Myall Lakes National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$8 per vehicle per day.
The park has coin/card operated pay machines at Mungo Brush campground. Day passes are also available from the Manning Great Lakes Area Office, Bulahdelah Visitor Information Centre and the Hawks Nest Newsagency.
Bombah Point ferry fees may also apply (cash payment only).Buy annual pass
Things to do (53)
- 4WD touring (3)
- Aboriginal culture (6)
- Adventure sports (3)
- Beach (6)
- Birdwatching and wildlife encounters (23)
- Canoeing/paddling (6)
- Cultural heritage (1)
- Cycling (6)
- Fishing (11)
- Historic heritage (14)
- Horse riding (1)
- Photography (1)
- Picnics and barbecues (12)
- Road trips and car/bus tours (2)
- Sailing, boating and cruises (2)
- Sightseeing (15)
- Snorkelling and scuba (1)
- Surfing (6)
- Swimming (12)
- Walking (17)