Stokes Island picnic area
Meroo National Park
All the practical information you need to know about the Stokes Island picnic area.
Getting there and parking
Stokes Island picnic area is in the Termeil Point precinct in the southern part of Meroo National Park. To get there:
- Travel south on the Princes Highway from Ulladulla
- Approximately 14km south of Ulladulla turn left into Blackbutt Road
- Continue for approximately 2km to the fork in the road
- Turn left and follow for approximately 200m, then veer to the left to the Stokes Island carpark, opposite the toilets.
- Follow the walking track 150m to the picnic area
Check the weather before you set out as the road to Stokes Island picnic area can become boggy when it rains.
- Unsealed roads
- All roads require 4WD vehicle
- Dry weather only
Parking is available at the carpark; a short walk from Stokes Island picnic area.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Meroo National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
Enjoy the serenity on the water while paddling a canoe or kayak in one of the park's coastal lakes.
Escape your busy city life and spend a night at one of the beachside camping areas.
Head to Termeil Beach or Pot Holes Beach for a day of swimming, surfing and beach fishing.
Rug up and take in spectacular coastal views from Nuggan Point walking track.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
9°C and 27°C
0°C and 13°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
Drinking water is not available in this area, so it’s a good idea to bring your own.
- Flush toilets
Maps and downloads
A current NSW recreational fishing licence is required when fishing in all waters.
- Ulladulla office
- Monday to Friday, 9am to 4pm.
- 02 4454 9500
- Lot 9 Blackburn Industrial Estate, 6 Coller Road Ulladulla NSW 2539