Stokes Island picnic area
Meroo National Park
Stokes Island picnic area is an idyllic place to picnic by the beach with options for swimming, surfing, snorkelling, fishing, birdwatching and relaxing by the beach.
- Picnic areas
- Meroo National Park in South Coast
- What to
- Hat, drinking water, sunscreen
- Please note
- Remember to take your binoculars if you want to go bird watching or whale watching.
If you are looking for a picturesque place to picnic, then you can’t go past Stokes Island picnic area. Surrounded by bangalay-banksia forest, it’s an idyllic beach spot that will leave you feeling relaxed and rejuvenated. Throw down a picnic rug, immerse yourself in a good book and laze away the day with the sound of waves crashing behind you.
Discover the marine life on the rock platform, or cast your fishing line and see what you can catch at this popular fishing spot. Play a game of beach cricket, throw the footy with the kids, or just enjoy swimming, surfing and snorkelling in the crystal clear waters. If you enjoy birdwatching, make sure you remember your binoculars to enjoy the abundant birdlife in the area.
Subscribe to Naturescapes
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Ulladulla office
- Monday to Friday, 9am to 4pm.
- 02 4454 9500
- Lot 9 Blackburn Industrial Estate, 6 Coller Road Ulladulla NSW 2539
- in Meroo National Park in the South Coast region
Meroo National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Things to do (54)
- Aboriginal culture (3)
- Adventure sports (1)
- Beach (1)
- Birdwatching and wildlife encounters (29)
- Canoeing/paddling (10)
- Cycling (1)
- Fishing (13)
- Historic heritage (2)
- Picnics and barbecues (14)
- Road trips and car/bus tours (2)
- Sailing, boating and cruises (1)
- Sightseeing (28)
- Snorkelling and scuba (7)
- Surfing (4)
- Swimming (16)
- Walking (29)
- Waterfalls (2)
- Wildflowers (seasonal) (3)