Shark Bay picnic area
Bundjalung National Park
All the practical information you need to know about the Shark Bay picnic area.
Getting there and parking
Shark Bay picnic area is in the Iluka area of Bundjalung National Park. To get there:
- From Pacific Highway take the Iluka Road turnoff and follow for 11.8km
- Turn left into Shark Bay picnic area, 50m past the Shark Bay 4WD access.
- Drive 200m to the carpark bays next to the picnic area
- Sealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- All weather
Parking is available 20m from the picnic area in small parking bays on Shark Bay Road.
Bike access is available.
The non-flush toilet at this picnic area is an ambulant toilet.
- Non-flush toilets
- Gas/electric barbecues (free)
The picnic area is flat and step-free, but there are no pathways. You'll need to cross over flat grass to reach the facilities.
From the picnic area, there's a sandy track that leads to the beach. It's step-free, but people with reduced mobility may need assistance to get across the soft surface.
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - medium
- This picnic area is mostly flat grass over compacted sand and there are no pathways. People with reduced mobility may need assistance to cross these surfaces to reach the facilities.
- There's an ambulant non-flush toilet.
- An Easyrider large-wheel wheelchair is available for free from nearby Woody Head campground.
A current NSW recreational fishing licence is required when fishing in all waters.
Camp fires and solid fuel burners
NSW national parks are no smoking areas.
- Grafton office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6641 1500
- Level 4, 49 Victoria Street, Grafton NSW 2460