Shark Bay picnic area
Bundjalung National Park
All the practical information you need to know about the Shark Bay picnic area.
Getting there and parking
Shark Bay picnic area is in the Iluka area of Bundjalung National Park. To get there:
- From Pacific Highway take the Iluka Road turnoff and follow for 11.8km
- Turn left into Shark Bay picnic area, 50m past the Shark Bay 4WD access.
- Drive 200m to the carpark bays next to the picnic area
- Sealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- All weather
Parking is available 20m from the picnic area.
Bike access is available.
- Non-flush toilets
- Gas/electric barbecues (free)
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - medium
This picnic area is a flat site with grass over compacted sand. An Easyrider large wheel wheelchair is available for free from nearby Woody Head campground.
Medium access presents some minor difficulties, such as a grassy surface. You may require a little assistance to get around in some areas.
A current NSW recreational fishing licence is required when fishing in all waters.
Camp fires and solid fuel burners
NSW national parks are no smoking areas.
- Grafton office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6641 1500
- Level 4, 49 Victoria Street, Grafton NSW 2460