Red Point picnic area
Jervis Bay National Park
Enjoy a picnic or go kayaking at Red Point picnic area in Jervis Bay National Park.
- Picnic areas
- Jervis Bay National Park
- What to
- Drinking water, hat, sunscreen
- Please note
- Remember to take your binoculars if you want to go birdwatching or whale watching.
- A current NSW recreational fishing licence is required when fishing in all waters.
A spot mainly known to locals, Red Point picnic area provides access to the white sandy beaches on the northern shores of Jervis Bay, set within a sanctuary zone of Jervis Bay Marine Park. From here, you can enjoy glorious views south out across Jervis Bay and to nearby Red Point.
The wide-open area is sheltered from the dominant summer breeze and has several tables and a toilet, making it an ideal picnic spot. From here, you can also easily launch a kayak out into the bay or take a walk to Hare Point, either along the beach or follow the old sand track through the bush.
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Nowra office
- Monday to Friday, 9am to 4pm.
- 02 4428 6300
- 104 Flatrock Road, West Nowra NSW 2541
- in Jervis Bay National Park in the South Coast region
Jervis Bay National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.