Peery Lake picnic area
Paroo-Darling National Park
All the practical information you need to know about the Peery Lake picnic area.
Getting there and parking
Peery Lake picnic area is in the northern section of Paroo-Darling National Park. To get there:
From White Cliffs:
- Take White Cliffs Mandalay Road (SR6) for 33km
- Turn left at the T-junction on to Wilcannia Wanaaring Road (SR5), and follow for 20km.
- A short 2km unsealed road to the right off the Wilcannia Wanaaring Road takes you to the picnic area.
- Take the Wilcannia Wanaaring Road (SR5) north for approximately 108km
- Turn right at the signs for Peery Lake day use area and drive 2km to the Peery Lake carpark
- Unsealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- Dry weather only
- Parking is available at the Peery Lake picnic area carpark
- From the carpark its 50m walk to the shelters, gas BBQ and 30m to the toilet
- There is parking for 7 vehicles and 2 larger vehicles (buses/caravans)
Best times to visit
It's a haven for waterbirds, so the best time of year to visit is when Peery Lake is full. Spring is a good time to see emu chicks and at other times you may see kangeroos, eagles and falcons.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
23°C and 36°C
5°C and 19°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
Limited mobile phone access.
Single stall accessible drop (self composting) toilet.
2 picnic tables with chairs.
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - medium
There is a wheelchair-accessible toilet.
A current NSW recreational fishing licence is required when fishing in all waters.
- Broken Hill office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm. Closed 1pm to 2pm.
- 08 8084 2880
- 183 Argent Street, Broken Hill NSW 2880
Paroo-Darling Visitor Centre, White Cliffs
Corner Keraro Road & Johnston Street, White Cliffs NSW 2836
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.