Nomads picnic area
Torrington State Conservation Area
Nomads picnic area is at the start of Thunderbolts lookout walking track, in Torrington State Conservation Area, near Tenterfield. Unwind in this peaceful forest setting before or after your walk.
Thunderbolts lookout walking track
Follow this walking track to see the spectacular 360° panoramic views of Torrington at Thunderbolts lookout. Experience the stunning wildflowers along the way.
These maps give a basic overview of park attractions and facilities, and may not be detailed enough for some activities. We recommend that you buy a topographic map before you go exploring.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Glen Innes office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6739 0700
- 68 Church Street, Glen Innes NSW 2370
- in Torrington State Conservation Area in the Country NSW region
Torrington State Conservation Area is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.