Mystery Face picnic area
Torrington State Conservation Area
Stop at Mystery Face picnic area before discovering the remarkable rock formations along Mystery Face walking track, in Torrington State Conservation Area, near Tenterfield.
Mystery Face walking track
The magnificent rock formations on the Mystery Face walking track are a must-see for any Torrington visitor and great for birdwatching and springtime wildflower displays.
These maps give a basic overview of park attractions and facilities, and may not be detailed enough for some activities. We recommend that you buy a topographic map before you go exploring.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Glen Innes office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6739 0700
- 68 Church Street, Glen Innes NSW 2370
- in Torrington State Conservation Area in the Country NSW region
Torrington State Conservation Area is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Things to do (13)
- Aboriginal culture (1)
- Birdwatching and wildlife encounters (2)
- Cultural heritage (1)
- Geotourism (1)
- Historic heritage (2)
- Horse riding (2)
- Picnics and barbecues (4)
- Sightseeing (8)
- Swimming (1)
- Walking (8)
- Waterfalls (2)
- Wildflowers (seasonal) (6)