Murramarang National Park
Pretty Beach picnic area offers dramatic coastal views, a tree-shaded picnic and barbecue spot, great fishing opportunities and several stunning walks.
- Picnic areas
- Murramarang National Park in South Coast
- Entry fees
- Park entry fees apply
- Please note
- Remember to take your binoculars if you want to bird watch or whale watch.
Whether you’re camping or treating yourself to a stay at the nearby cabins, Pretty Beach is a great place to take in some of Murramarang National Park’s stunning 44km long coastline.
If you’re camping nearby, not only can you roll out of your tent and head straight to the beach for a swim, you could also take easy walk through grasslands surrounded by plenty of kangaroos, hike up a mountain or work up an appetite canoeing nearby.
And when you’re done with the day’s activities, go fishing, catch your dinner and cook up a feast on one of the picnic area’s barbecues. The sunset from here is simply amazing, so make sure you take plenty of family photos with Pretty Beach’s memorable ocean and mountain views as your backdrop.
Take a virtual tour of Pretty Beach captured with Google Street View Trekker.
Google Street View Trekker
Using Google Street View Trekker, we've captured imagery across a range of NSW national parks and attractions. Get a bird's eye view of these incredible landscapes before setting off on your own adventure.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Pretty Beach campground
- Open daily, 8.30am to 4pm variable. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 4457 2019
- 1 Pretty Beach Road, Pretty Beach NSW 2539
- in Murramarang National Park in the South Coast region
Murramarang National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$8 per vehicle per day. The park has pay and display machines - cash and credit cards accepted. Card only at Pretty Beach.Buy annual pass
Things to do (29)
- Aboriginal culture (2)
- Beach (1)
- Birdwatching and wildlife encounters (18)
- Canoeing/paddling (4)
- Fishing (8)
- Historic heritage (1)
- Picnics and barbecues (6)
- Sightseeing (14)
- Snorkelling and scuba (7)
- Surfing (3)
- Swimming (13)
- Walking (19)
- Waterfalls (1)