Morisset picnic area
Lake Macquarie State Conservation Area
All the practical information you need to know about the Morisset picnic area.
Getting there and parking
Morisset picnic area is in the Morisset precinct of Lake Macquarie State Conservation Area. To get there:
- Take the F3 exit at Mandalong Road
- Continue along Dora Street and turn right into Acacia Avenue
- Follow Acacia Avenue to the end through the Morisset Hospital grounds
- At the end of the road is Morisset picnic area
- Sealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- All weather
Parking is available at Morisset picnic area. It can be a busy place on the weekend, so parking might be limited.
Drinking water is not available in this area, so it’s a good idea to bring your own.
Please note that there are no toilets at the picnic area. The nearest public toilets are located at:
- Morisset Park on Macquarie Road, or
- on Dora Street in Morisset.
Morisset Hospital facilities are not accessible to the public so please don't enter the hospital grounds.
Maps and downloads
A current NSW recreational fishing licence is required when fishing in all waters.