Mara Creek picnic area
Yuraygir National Park
All the practical information you need to know about the Mara Creek picnic area.
Getting there and parking
Mara Creek picnic area is in the northern section of Yuraygir National Park. To get there:
- Turn off Pacific Highway north of Maclean and follow Yamba Road in an easterly direction for 12km
- Turn right onto Angourie Road and follow for 4km, then turn right onto Lakes Boulevard.
- After 400m on Lakes Boulevard, turn left into Yuraygir National Park and follow that road for 1km.
- Turn right for Mara Creek picnic area
- Unsealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- All weather
Parking is available at Mara Creek picnic area.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
20°C and 26°C
9°C and 20°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
- Flush toilets
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - medium
You're encouraged to bring gas or fuel stoves, especially in summer during the fire season.
A current NSW recreational fishing licence is required when fishing in all waters.
Pets and domestic animals (other than certified assistance animals) are not permitted. Find out which regional parks allow dog walking and see the pets in parks policy for more information.
NSW national parks are no smoking areas.
- Grafton office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6641 1500
- Level 4, 49 Victoria Street, Grafton NSW 2460
- in Yuraygir National Park in the North Coast region
Yuraygir National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$8 per vehicle per day.Buy annual pass