Hearts Point picnic area
Myall Lakes National Park
All the practical information you need to know about the Hearts Point picnic area.
Getting there and parking
Hearts Point picnic area is in the Myall Lake precinct of Myall Lakes National Park. To get there:
- From Pacific Highway, take The Lakes Way approximately 3km north of Bulahdelah
- Drive for approximately 23km and turn right into Seal Rocks Road
- Turn right into Neranie Road and follow the signs to the picnic area.
- Unsealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- All weather
Parking is available at Hearts Point picnic area.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Myall Lakes National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
A good time to visit when the weather is a little cooler and the park is less busy.
Magnificent wildflower displays as they bloom across the heathlands.
Look for dolphins swimming among the waves.
Head to Sugarloaf Point to watch for whales on their annual migration.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
19°C and 27°C
10°C and 19°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
- Non-flush toilets
- Gas/electric barbecues (free)
Maps and downloads
A current NSW recreational fishing licence is required when fishing in all waters.
Pets and domestic animals (other than certified assistance animals) are not permitted. Find out which regional parks allow dog walking and see the pets in parks policy for more information.
NSW national parks are no smoking areas.
- Booti Booti Office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm. Closed public holidays.
- 02 6591 0300
- The Ruins campground, Booti Booti National Park, 4374 The Lakes Way, Booti Booti 2428
- in Myall Lakes National Park in the North Coast region
Myall Lakes National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$8 per vehicle per day.
The park has coin/card operated pay machines at Mungo Brush campground. Day passes are also available from the Manning Great Lakes Area Office, Bulahdelah Visitor Information Centre and the Hawks Nest Newsagency.
Bombah Point ferry fees may also apply (cash payment only).Buy annual pass