Haynes Flat picnic area
Lane Cove National Park
Enjoy a group or family picnic at Haynes Flat picnic area with cycling and bushwalking trails nearby within Lane Cove National Park.
- Picnic areas
- Lane Cove National Park
Booking fees may apply
- Entry fees
- Park entry fees apply
- Book online or call 02 8448 0406. The picnic area has capacity for up to 100 people. The shelter has capacity for 60 people. There are 4 picnic tables and parking for up to 50 vehicles.
- Available for hire daily, 9am to 5pm (or 6pm during daylight savings).
- Please note
If you want to guarantee your spot at this picnic area you'll need to hire it.
Situated alongside the river, encircled by tall trees and with a large grassy area, Haynes Flat picnic area is a perfect place to enjoy a picnic, barbecue and ball games.
The picnic area features a large shelter, picnic tables, wood barbecues and flush toilets, making it well-suited for a marquee, celebratory events and corporate groups.
Using Google Street View Trekker, we've captured imagery across a range of NSW national parks and attractions. Get a bird's eye view of these incredible landscapes before setting off on your own adventure.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- in Lane Cove National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
Lane Cove National Park is open 9am to 7pm during daylight savings (until 6pm at other times). The park may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$8 per vehicle per day. The park has pay and display machines.
Bus: $4.40 per adult, $2.20 per child (per day). Prior payment may be required, please phone the Lane Cove National Park Office for more information.
Under the National Parks and Wildlife Regulation 2009, prior written approval is required for organised groups of 30 or more people planning to visit the park. Contact the park office prior to your visit.Buy annual pass