Hammerhead Point picnic area
Jervis Bay National Park
Jervis Bay National Park’s Hammerhead Point picnic area overlooks Jervis Bay Marine Park and the beach. It’s an ideal place to picnic, with diving and snorkelling nearby.
- Picnic areas
- Jervis Bay National Park in South Coast
- What to
- Drinking water
Hammerhead Point picnic area is located just a short walk from Warrain Beach.
Grab a table or spread your blanket on the grass. You can enjoy your sandwiches while nicely sheltered from the elements, thanks to a small sand dune that acts as a windbreak between the beach and the picnic spot.
After a picnic lunch, sit back and relax or enjoy a stroll on the beach. The beach here opens to magnificent reef within the Hammerhead sanctuary zone, part of the Jervis Bay Marine Park. Bring your snorkelling or diving gear for a real treat – there’s a huge array of marine life including dolphins, octopus and stingrays. Bring your binoculars if you're visiting in the winter - Hammerhead Point is a great whale watching spot.
Subscribe to Naturescapes
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Nowra office
- Monday to Friday, 9am to 4pm.
- 02 4428 6300
- 104 Flatrock Road, Mundamia NSW 2540
- in Jervis Bay National Park in the South Coast region
Jervis Bay National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Things to do (24)
- Aboriginal culture (1)
- Birdwatching and wildlife encounters (12)
- Canoeing/paddling (5)
- Cycling (3)
- Fishing (5)
- Historic heritage (3)
- Picnics and barbecues (7)
- Road trips and car/bus tours (1)
- Sailing, boating and cruises (2)
- Sightseeing (9)
- Snorkelling and scuba (2)
- Surfing (2)
- Swimming (7)
- Walking (9)
- Wildflowers (seasonal) (5)