Girrakool picnic area
Brisbane Water National Park
All the practical information you need to know about the Girrakool picnic area.
Getting there and parking
Girrakool picnic area is located in the northern section of Brisbane Water National Park.
To get there from the F3 Highway:
- Exit Central Coast Highway towards Gosford
- Take the first left onto Wisemans Ferry Road
- Take the first left onto Old Pacific Highway
- Take the first left onto Quarry Road
- The picnic area is through the tunnel and straight ahead
- Sealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- All weather
Parking is available at Girrakool picnic area, including several designated disabled spots. Please be aware of the carpark opening hours; gates are locked at closing.
- Flush toilets
- Gas/electric barbecues (free)
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - medium
Assistance may be required to access this area
- The picnic area is adjacent to the car park and is a fairly flat, grassy area
- Toilets are accessible
- in Brisbane Water National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
Two picnic areas in Brisbane Water National Park close in the evening:
- Girrakool picnic area is open 7am to 8pm during daylight savings and is open 7am to 6pm at other times
- Somersby Falls picnic area is open 8am to 8pm during daylight savings and is open 8am to 5pm at other times
Other areas of Brisbane Water National Park will be open at all times, however may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$8 per vehicle per day applies at Girrakool and Somersby Falls picnic areas. The park has coin-operated pay and display machines - please bring correct coins.
You will need a permit to hold a wedding or undertake commercial photography within the park.Buy annual pass