Geebung picnic area
Crowdy Bay National Park
Geebung picnic area offers swimming, surfing, fishing and whale watching on Dunbogan Beach, just north of Diamond Head in Crowdy Bay National Park.
- Picnic areas
- Crowdy Bay National Park in North Coast
- Entry fees
- Park entry fees apply
- What to
- Drinking water
- Please note
- Remember to take your binoculars if you want to bird watch or whale watch.
Nestled into the dunes, Geebung picnic area is a perfect beachside spot just north of popular Diamond Head campground, in Crowdy Bay National Park. Only a short stroll to the white crescent sands of Dunbogan Beach, spend the day swimming, surfing and fishing on the beautiful Mid-North coast.
After you’ve worked up an appetite, stroll back and tuck into a picnic feast in the shade under the trees. The surrounding heath erupts in colour during spring with wildflowers and delicate ground orchids. The area is famous for Christmas bells in the summer months.
If you’re after a walk, head south along the beach to Diamond Head loop walk. Keep an eye out for whales during their annual migration as humpbacks, and occasionally, the much rarer southern right whale, can be spotted.
Take a virtual tour of Geebung picnic area captured with Google Street View Trekker.
Subscribe to Naturescapes
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- in Crowdy Bay National Park in the North Coast region
Crowdy Bay National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$8 per vehicle per day.Buy annual pass
Things to do (22)
- Birdwatching and wildlife encounters (11)
- Canoeing/paddling (2)
- Fishing (4)
- Historic heritage (2)
- Photography (1)
- Picnics and barbecues (7)
- Sailing, boating and cruises (1)
- Sightseeing (9)
- Surfing (5)
- Swimming (3)
- Walking (10)
- Wildflowers (seasonal) (2)