Fitzroy Falls picnic area
Morton National Park
Have a barbecue beside the waterfall at Fitzroy Falls picnic area, offering scenic views, wildlife, birdwatching and a variety of short walks in the Southern Highlands.
- Picnic areas
- 1301 Nowra Road, Fitzroy Falls, NSW, 2577 - in Morton National Park
- Entry fees
Park entry fees apply at the Fitzroy Falls Visitor Centre carpark.
- Please note
- Remember to take your binoculars if you want to birdwatch
- It can be a busy place on the weekend, so parking might be limited.
- Accessible facilities are located in the nearby Fitzroy Falls Visitor Centre
When you pull up at Fitzroy Falls picnic area, you’ll hear the waterfalls before you see them. It’s a short walk to the spectacular Fitzroy Falls, where water plummets over 80m to the deep rainforest ravine below and the views across the escarpment are not to be missed.
As you’re sparking up the barbecue or unpacking the picnic, you might see one of the resident lyrebirds or an inquisitive swamp wallaby. Green catbirds and eastern whipbirds live in the surrounding bushland, so keep an ear out for their distinctive calls. Look for the iconic waratah, the state flower of NSW, with its long stem and vibrant red flower in spring.
If you feel like stretching your legs, try the West Rim walking track or if you’re visiting in spring don’t miss the East Rim wildflower walk.
The nearby Fitzroy Falls Visitor Centre provides displays and information on tours and walks. If you feel like indulging, the café serves scrumptious coffee and cake.
Using Google Street View Trekker, we've captured imagery across a range of NSW national parks and attractions. Get a bird's eye view of these incredible landscapes before setting off on your own adventure.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Fitzroy Falls Visitor Centre
- 9am to 5pm daily. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 4887 7270
- 1301 Nowra Road, Fitzroy Falls NSW 2577
- in Morton National Park in the South Coast and Country NSW regions
Morton National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Parts of the south-eastern area of this park were once used for military training and may contain unexploded artillery shells. These areas have restrictions in place for your safety.
Park entry fees:
Fitzroy Falls: $4 per vehicle per day. Bundanoon area: $8 per vehicle per day. The park has pay and display machines - cash and cards accepted.Buy annual pass