Fishermans Bay foreshore
Tomaree National Park
Fishermans Bay foreshore close to Anna Bay in the Port Stephens area. It's a good spot for family picnics, rockpool walks, paddling, kayaking, or whale watching.
- Picnic areas
- Please note
- Remember to take your binoculars if you want to whale watch – the best time of year is between May and October.
- When using the boat ramp please be aware that you cannot leave your vehicle on the beach.
- At times it can be difficult to access the boat ramp if the beach is busy with people – try the beach boat ramp at Boat Harbour as an alternative.
Fishermans Bay foreshore in Tomaree National Park is a wonderful place for a family day out by the sea. Featuring a lovely, secluded beach, it’s a great area for snorkelling and kayaking on a sunny day. If you’re there between May and November it’s a good spot to watch whales on their annual migration along the north coast.
For those looking to go boating or kayaking for the day, you can launch your vessel from the small boat ramp here. And you’ll be able to find out more about the area at the information bay. At low tide you could head out on a snorkelling exploration – you never know what exotic sea creatures you may see here.
Located between Fishermans Bay foreshore and Birubi Point, Iris Moore lookout and picnic area is one of the best spots for whale watching up-close.
This 7.5 km one-way walk from Birubi Point to One Mile Beach offers ocean views and Aboriginal culture. Located in Tomaree National Park near Port Stephens, it winds through several coastal villages with convenient facilities.
Using Google Street View Trekker, we've captured imagery across a range of NSW national parks and attractions. Get a bird's eye view of these incredible landscapes before setting off on your own adventure.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Nelson Bay office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- 02 4984 8200
- Level 1, 12B Teramby Road, Nelson Bay NSW 2315
- in Tomaree National Park in the North Coast region
Tomaree National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.