De Kerrilleau picnic area
Bungonia National Park
Bungonia National Park, in easy reach of Canberra, is an outdoor adventure playground offering caving, canyoning, rock climbing, abseiling, hiking and impressive views.
- Picnic areas
- Bungonia National Park in Country NSW
- Entry fees
- Park entry fees apply
- What to
- Drinking water, hat, sunscreen
- Please note
- When entering the park, register your intention at the park office visitor register
- Make sure you have a day use ticket clearly displayed in your vehicle
- The weather in this area can be extreme and unpredictable, please be well-prepared for your visit.
De Kerrilleau picnic area, in an open woodland setting, is also the trackhead and carpark for Grill Cave, which is popular with family groups, school groups and novice cavers. For those who prefer to stay aboveground, the Green track is also accessible from De Kerrilleau.
Enjoy the picnic area’s excellent facilities, which include a shelter, gas barbecue, picnic tables and toilet block. Cook up a hearty barbecue breakfast before setting out for the day or, alternatively, return to a lentil burger for lunch or a sizzling steak for dinner as a reward for all your efforts.
Of course, you can simply spend the day at De Kerrilleau sitting under a tree finishing off a good book, daydreaming to your heart’s content, or socialising with friends and family. Look out for wallabies, lyrebirds and perhaps even a koala while you’re there. Keep your binoculars handy for bird watching, and have the camera ready for when the triumphant cavers return. After lunch, visit Adams lookout or The Lookdown lookout to take in the spectacular views.
Take a virtual tour of De Kerrilleau picnic area captured with Google Street View Trekker.
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- in Bungonia National Park in the Country NSW region
Bungonia National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to high fire danger, or park operations. It's a good idea to ring the office for current information.
Park entry fees:
$8 per vehicle per day. Daily fees can be paid at the ticket machines at the park office.Buy annual pass