Cottonwood Glen picnic area
Lane Cove National Park
Enjoy a picnic in a riverside setting near bushwalking trails at the Cottonwood Glen picnic area in Lane Cove National Park.
- Picnic areas
Booking fees may apply
- Entry fees
- Park entry fees apply
- Book online or call 02 8448 0406. The picnic area has capacity for up to 100 people. There are 4 picnic tables seating 8 people each. 2 are sheltered tables. Parking is available for up to 50 vehicles.
- Available for hire daily, 9am to 5pm (or 6pm during daylight savings).
- Please note
If you want to guarantee your spot at this picnic area you'll need to hire it.
Situated by the river in a cool, shady spot, Cottonwood Glen picnic area is the perfect spot to spend a relaxing afternoon with the kids with plenty to do nearby.
The combination of wood barbecues, picnic tables and a large grassy area makes it a convenient location for a birthday party or other celebration. Enjoy views of the river in a natural setting while you eat and relax. Or, if you're feeling more energetic, why not hire a canoe?
Cottonwood Glen picnic area is located on the Riverside walking track, so it also makes a good place for a rest stop along the way.
Tours and events at this location
Forest therapy walk in Lane Cove National Park
Slow down and immerse yourself in nature on this peaceful guided forest therapy walk in Sydney’s Lane Cove National Park.
Google Street View Trekker
Using Google Street View Trekker, we've captured imagery across a range of NSW national parks and attractions. Get a bird's eye view of these incredible landscapes before setting off on your own adventure.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Lane Cove National Park Picnic Booking Line
- 02 8448 0406
- in Lane Cove National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
Lane Cove National Park is open 9am to 7pm during daylight savings (until 6pm at other times). The park may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$8 per vehicle per day. Day passes are available from on-park pay machines that accept coins and credit cards, and you can also pay for your visit via the Park’nPay app.
Bus: $4.40 per adult, $2.20 per child (per day). Prior payment may be required, please phone the Lane Cove National Park Office for more information.
Under the National Parks and Wildlife Regulation 2009, prior written approval is required for organised groups of 30 or more people planning to visit the park. Contact the park office prior to your visit.Buy annual pass
Things to do (109)
- Aboriginal culture (12)
- Beach (4)
- Birdwatching and wildlife encounters (20)
- Cafes and kiosks (4)
- Canoeing/paddling (16)
- Cultural heritage (2)
- Cycling (6)
- Environmental appreciation/study (1)
- Fishing (6)
- Historic heritage (36)
- Horse riding (3)
- Other experiences (4)
- Picnics and barbecues (31)
- Sailing, boating and cruises (9)
- Sightseeing (35)
- Snorkelling and scuba (2)
- Swimming (11)
- Walking (46)
- Waterfalls (2)
- Wildflowers (seasonal) (2)