Commandment Rock picnic area
Lane Cove National Park
Commandment Rock picnic area in Lane Cove National Park has a large grassy stretch that is perfect for games before your picnic lunch. You can even book the area.
- Picnic areas
- Lane Cove National Park in Sydney and surrounds
Booking fees may apply
- Entry fees
- Park entry fees apply
- Book online or call 02 8448 0406. The picnic area has capacity for up to 100 people. The shelter has capacity for 80 people. There are 6 picnic tables seating 16 people each. 2 are sheltered tables. Parking is available for up to 50 vehicles.
- Available for hire daily, 9am to 5pm (or 6pm during daylight savings).
- Please note
- If you want to guarantee your spot at this picnic area you'll need to hire it
- There is only one wood barbecue in this picnic area, please be considerate of other visitors in the park
- Cooking is not permitted under the covered areas
In 1866 Commandment Rock was home to a family who had a small vegetable and strawberry farm. Now, the flat rock and wide stretch of grass is a popular place to picnic or meet up for a barbecue.
The grounds are so vast you can always find a secluded spot and there’s ample room to throw the frisbee or play hide and seek.
If you’re looking for a peaceful sanctuary surrounded by plenty of native shrubs and trees to celebrate a special occasion, why not book the area? The picnic area has a capacity of 100 people.
Using Google Street View Trekker, we've captured imagery across a range of NSW national parks and attractions. Get a bird's eye view of these incredible landscapes before setting off on your own adventure.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- in Lane Cove National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
Lane Cove National Park is open 9am to 7pm during daylight savings (until 6pm at other times). The park may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$8 per vehicle per day. Day passes are available from on-park pay machines that accept coins and credit cards, and you can also pay for your visit via the Park’nPay app.
Bus: $4.40 per adult, $2.20 per child (per day). Prior payment may be required, please phone the Lane Cove National Park Office for more information.
Under the National Parks and Wildlife Regulation 2009, prior written approval is required for organised groups of 30 or more people planning to visit the park. Contact the park office prior to your visit.Buy annual pass