Casuarina Point picnic area
Lane Cove National Park
Have a riverside picnic in Casuarina Point picnic area in Lane Cove National Park with canoeing and bushwalking nearby.
- Picnic areas
- Lane Cove National Park
Booking fees may apply
- Entry fees
- Park entry fees apply
- Book online or call 02 8448 0406. The picnic area has capacity for up to 100 people. There are 2 picnic tables and a picnic shelter that has capacity for up to 40 people. Parking is available for up to 50 vehicles.
- Available for hire daily, 9am to 5pm (or 6pm during daylight savings).
- Please note
- If you want to guarantee your spot at this picnic area you'll need to hire it
- There is car parking for up to 50 vehicles, however it can be a busy place on the weekend
This charming sheltered picnic area is nestled against the riverbank and has both picnic tables and barbecues, making it a great place to while away an afternoon with the family. Located in a lovely bushland setting, it’s also a great spot for birdwatching along Lane Cove River, with plenty of opportunities to see water dragons.
There are also many opportunities to get active in the surrounding Lane Cove National Park should you want to work off your lunch, including canoeing and bushwalking. Two historic cottages, Schwartz and Bakers, are also nearby.
Using Google Street View Trekker, we've captured imagery across a range of NSW national parks and attractions. Get a bird's eye view of these incredible landscapes before setting off on your own adventure.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- 02 9585 6831
- in Lane Cove National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
Lane Cove National Park is open 9am to 7pm during daylight savings (until 6pm at other times). The park may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$8 per vehicle per day. The park has pay and display machines.
Bus: $4.40 per adult, $2.20 per child (per day). Prior payment may be required, please phone the Lane Cove National Park Office for more information.
Under the National Parks and Wildlife Regulation 2009, prior written approval is required for organised groups of 30 or more people planning to visit the park. Contact the park office prior to your visit.Buy annual pass