Carter Creek picnic area
Lane Cove National Park
Book Carter Creek picnic area for your next celebration. There are shaded picnic tables and gas barbecues. Plus it's right by the river.
- Picnic areas
Booking fees may apply
- Entry fees
- Park entry fees apply
- Book online or call 02 8448 0406. The picnic area has capacity for up to 100 people. There are 4 picnic tables seating 8 people each. 2 are sheltered tables. There are 2 gas barbecues and parking is available for up to 50 vehicles.
- Available for hire daily, 9am to 5pm (or 6pm during daylight savings).
- Please note
- If you want to guarantee your spot at this picnic area you'll need to hire it
- There is car parking for up to 50 vehicles, however it can be a busy place on the weekend
Carter Creek picnic area is just the place to laze in the shade by the river and share a tasty picnic or barbecue lunch with family and friends.
Surrounded by native bushland and has clear views of the river, you can spread out a picnic blanket on the grass or set up on one of the shaded picnic tables. The children have space to play while the adults relax and prepare the feast. After lunch if you feel like stretching your legs, you can take stroll along the Riverside walk.
Carter Creek picnic area accommodates up to 100 people, so it’s a great option for large group events and celebrations.
Google Street View Trekker
Using Google Street View Trekker, we've captured imagery across a range of NSW national parks and attractions. Get a bird's eye view of these incredible landscapes before setting off on your own adventure.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Lane Cove National Park Picnic Booking Line
- 02 8448 0406
- in Lane Cove National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
Lane Cove National Park is open 9am to 7pm during daylight savings (until 6pm at other times). The park may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$8 per vehicle per day. Day passes are available from on-park pay machines that accept coins and credit cards, and you can also pay for your visit via the Park’nPay app.
Bus: $4.40 per adult, $2.20 per child (per day). Prior payment may be required, please phone the Lane Cove National Park Office for more information.
Under the National Parks and Wildlife Regulation 2009, prior written approval is required for organised groups of 30 or more people planning to visit the park. Contact the park office prior to your visit.Buy annual pass
Things to do (102)
- Aboriginal culture (11)
- Beach (4)
- Birdwatching and wildlife encounters (19)
- Cafes and kiosks (4)
- Canoeing/paddling (16)
- Cultural heritage (2)
- Cycling (6)
- Environmental appreciation/study (1)
- Fishing (6)
- Historic heritage (35)
- Horse riding (3)
- Other experiences (4)
- Picnics and barbecues (31)
- Sailing, boating and cruises (8)
- Sightseeing (35)
- Snorkelling and scuba (2)
- Swimming (11)
- Walking (41)
- Waterfalls (2)
- Wildflowers (seasonal) (2)