Brindle Creek picnic area
Border Ranges National Park
All the practical information you need to know about the Brindle Creek picnic area.
Getting there and parking
Brindle Creek picnic area is in the Sheepstation Creek precinct of Border Ranges National Park. To get there:
- From Lismore, head north-west and follow signs to Kyogle for approximately 40km.
- From Kyogle, follow Murwillumbah Road for 30km north to Barkers Vale.
- Enter the eastern precinct of the park along the Tweed Range Scenic Drive
- Follow the signs to Forest Tops campground and take the Brindle Creek turnoff. It's about 2km to the picnic area.
The road to Brindle Creek picnic area is a well-maintained gravel road; however, following heavy rains between December to May, the surface can be rough or slippery in parts.
- Unsealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- 4WD required in wet weather
Parking is available at Brindle Creek picnic area.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Border Ranges National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
A picnic at Border Loop lookout and picnic area is a must during autumn. It's also a popular spot to see the historic Border Loop railway line.
The perfect time to get away from it all on a family camping trip. Sheepstation Creek campground is a great base for exploring Border Ranges National Park.
Watching the sunrise from Pinnacle lookout offers the best views of the crater escarpment, Wollumbin-Mount Warning and the coast. You're bound to find it a breathtaking experience.
Take in the park's scenery from the comfort of your car or motor home as you drive along the Tweed Range Scenic drive. Be sure to take some breaks along the way though – you don't want to miss the views.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
18°C and 30°C
8°C and 22°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
Rubbish bins are not provided at Brindle Creek picnic area, please take your rubbish with you
- Non-flush toilets
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - medium
Some assistance may be required
- There is a wheelchair-accessible toilet
- Kyogle office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6632 0000
- 136 Summerland Way, Kyogle NSW 2474