Brindle Creek picnic area
Border Ranges National Park
Pack up a picnic and set off along the Tweed Range Scenic drive to explore Border Ranges National Park. Stop off at Brindle Creek picnic area for a picnic and walk.
- Picnic areas
- Border Ranges National Park
- Entry fees
- Park entry fees apply
- Please note
- The streams of Border Ranges National Park are generally shallow and rocky, although there are occasional deep pools, so there are some opportunities for swimming
- If you do go in the water, please ensure that you're not wearing sunscreen or insect repellent as these chemicals can affect native frogs and other aquatic life
Picnic among lush World Heritage-listed rainforest by the banks of Brindle creek at this delightfully shady picnic area.
Hitting the park’s walking tracks is a great way to stretch your legs or work up an appetite for lunch, and a few of them start from Brindle Creek picnic area. Try the scenic Brindle Creek walking track, a longer walk that passes through Antarctic beech rainforest, past waterfalls and swimming holes, or the short and easy Red Cedar loop to see a giant red cedar tree – 48m tall, it's probably about 1000 years old.
The picnic area is quite shaded and receives a lot of rainfall, so you’re likely to find it lush and damp. Because of this, barbecues are not provided, so if your sights are set on a hot lunch, you'll find barbecues 5km down the road at the Antarctic Beech picnic area.
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
Saving our Species is an innovative conservation program in NSW. This program aims to secure as many threatened species that can be secured in the wild as possible, for the next 100 years.
- in Border Ranges National Park in the North Coast region
Border Ranges National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$8 per vehicle per day. The park uses a self-registration fee collection system at entry. Please bring the correct change and display your receipt.Buy an annual pass.
- Kyogle office
02 6632 0000
Contact hours: Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- 136 Summerland Way, Kyogle NSW 2474
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kyogle office