Brimbin picnic area
Brimbin Nature Reserve
Not far from Taree, Brimbin picnic area’s idyllic riverside location is a great spot for picnicking, barbecues, canoeing and birdwatching. It’s also where Dawson River walking track begins in Brimbin Nature Reserve.
- Picnic areas
- Brimbin Nature Reserve in North Coast
- What to
- Drinking water, sunscreen, hat, binoculars
There’s something completely relaxing about picnicking near a river – the sounds, the fresh smell, the coolness of the air and all the wildlife that waterways attract. Brimbin picnic area is located right on Dawson River in Brimbin Nature Reserve.
If you’re on a road trip, take a break in Brimbin’s shady picnic area and listen to the birds for a while. Or perhaps you’re staying in Taree and looking for a place to spend the day. Bring the kids and the canoes along. There’s no need to skimp on supplies because it’s only a short walk from the carpark to your picnic spot. Fire up the barbecue and cook up a feast in this secluded natural bush setting.
The whole family can also enjoy paddling on Dawson River and Tommy Owens Creek. Dawson River walking track begins from the picnic area, which is an easy walk and a great one to take kids on. The start of Ms Kellys walking track isn’t far away either.
Subscribe to Naturescapes
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Taree office
- Monday to Friday, 9am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6552 4097
- 78 Hargreaves Drive, Taree NSW 2430
- in Brimbin Nature Reserve in the North Coast region
Brimbin Nature Reserve is always open but may have to close at times due to flood events, poor weather or fire danger.
Things to do (19)
- Aboriginal culture (3)
- Birdwatching and wildlife encounters (14)
- Canoeing/paddling (2)
- Environmental appreciation/study (1)
- Fishing (1)
- Historic heritage (2)
- Photography (3)
- Picnics and barbecues (7)
- Sailing, boating and cruises (1)
- Sightseeing (7)
- Surfing (3)
- Swimming (3)
- Walking (8)
- Waterfalls (1)
- Wildflowers (seasonal) (1)