Blackbutt picnic area
Crowdy Bay National Park
Blackbutt picnic area is one of Crowdy Bay National Park’s many mouth-watering locations for a picnic. Great for families, with direct beach access and easy parking.
- Picnic areas
- Crowdy Bay National Park in North Coast
- Entry fees
- Park entry fees apply
Located near the northern end of Crowdy Bay National Park, just down from Dunbogan Beach, Blackbutt picnic area is a place full of surprises.
Enter through a maze of sentry-like blackbutt and clumping banksia to find yourself in a grassy glade. It’s just right for rolling out the rug and breaking open the picnic hamper.
There’s also plenty of room at the picnic area for the kids to play and adults to relax. Remember to take your swimmers or frisbee with you as the beach is just a short walk from the picnic area.
Take a virtual tour of Blackbutt picnic area captured with Google Street View Trekker.
Subscribe to Naturescapes
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Port Macquarie office
- Monday to Friday, 9am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6588 5555 for general enquiries only, no bookings.
- 22 Blackbutt Road, Port Macquarie NSW 2444
- in Crowdy Bay National Park in the North Coast region
Crowdy Bay National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$8 per vehicle per day.Buy annual pass
Things to do (30)
- Birdwatching and wildlife encounters (13)
- Cafes and kiosks (1)
- Canoeing/paddling (2)
- Cycling (1)
- Educational activities (1)
- Environmental appreciation/study (2)
- Fishing (4)
- Historic heritage (2)
- Photography (1)
- Picnics and barbecues (7)
- Sailing, boating and cruises (1)
- Sightseeing (12)
- Surfing (5)
- Swimming (4)
- Visitor centres (1)
- Walking (15)
- Wildflowers (seasonal) (2)