Bill Lyle Reserve picnic area
Hill End Historic Site
All the practical information you need to know about the Bill Lyle Reserve picnic area.
Getting there and parking
Bill Lyle Reserve picnic area is in the centre of Hill End Historic Site. To get there:
- Continue driving on Hill End Road into the township, where it becomes Beyer’s Avenue.
- Bill Lyle Reserve picnic area is on your right
- Sealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- All weather
Car and bus parking is available on the street nearby to the attraction on Beyer’s Avenue. It can be a busy place on the weekend, so parking might be limited.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Hill End Historic Site. Here are some of the highlights.
With sunny, dry days and crisp evenings, it's a great time of year for a camping holiday at Hill End – head to the Village campground or the larger Glendora campground. You could even sign up as a Campground Host.
Flowers are at their best this time of the year - enjoy cherry blossoms and blooms in the historic cottage gardens.
The winter light is renowned among artists and photographers - you may even get some shots of snow .
Weather, temperature and rainfall
15°C and 27°C
1°C and 15°C
April and May
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
- Flush toilets
- Gas/electric barbecues (free)
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - medium
- This area is wheelchair-accessible, however assistance may be required in some circumstances.
Firewood is not supplied and may not be collected from the park.
NSW national parks are no smoking areas.
- Hill End Historic Site office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4pm. Closed weekends and public holidays.
- 02 6370 9050
- 5 Beyers Avenue, Hill End NSW 2850