Bennetts Gorge picnic area
Gundabooka National Park
Stop and relax at Bennetts Gorge picnic area when you visit Gundabooka National Park. Enjoy a barbecue or bring a picnic hamper before walking on to Mt Gunderbooka.
- Picnic areas
- Gundabooka National Park
- What to
- Drinking water
- Please note
- Check the weather and road conditions before you set out as the roads to Gundabooka National Park may be closed.
Located on the western side of Mt Gunderbooka, just 50km from Bourke, Bennetts Gorge picnic area is a great place for a picnic lunch or barbecue.
The picnic area is also wonderful for birdwatching - keep your eyes open for the hooded robin and the diamond firetail. There’s easy access to the Valley of the Eagles walk from Bennetts Gorge picnic area, so when you’ve polished off your picnic lunch be sure to set off. The walk takes you to the base of Mt Gunderbooka.
Take a virtual tour of Bennetts Gorge picnic area captured with Google Street View Trekker.
Using Google Street View Trekker, we've captured imagery across a range of NSW national parks and attractions. Get a bird's eye view of these incredible landscapes before setting off on your own adventure.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- 02 9585 6831
- Bourke office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6830 0200
- 51-53 Oxley Street, Bourke NSW 2840
- in Gundabooka National Park in the Outback NSW region
Gundabooka National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.