Battery Causeway picnic area
Heathcote National Park
Battery Causeway picnic area is in Sydney’s Heathcote National Park. It’s a peaceful rest stop along Pipeline trail or Bullawaring track, near Lake Eckersley campground.
This is a great spot for a picnic lunch as you explore the walking tracks, bike trails, and bush campgrounds of Heathcote National Park. On a hot day, cool your feet in the freshwater creek at the concrete causeway.
Battery Causeway picnic area is a 3.7km walk or mountain bike ride along Pipeline trail, from Heathcote train station. It’s a 7km steep walk via Bullawarring walking track, from Waterfall train station.
For great Sydney bushwalking, visit Heathcote National Park, near Waterfall in the Sutherland shire; combine your hike with birdwatching and freshwater swimming.
Discover Lake Eckersley campground in Sydney's Heathcote National Park. As well as camping, it's ideal for swimming and bushwalking.
These maps give a basic overview of park attractions and facilities, and may not be detailed enough for some activities. We recommend that you buy a topographic map before you go exploring.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- 02 9585 6831
- Royal National Park Visitor Centre
- 8.30am to 4.30pm daily. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 9542 0648
- 1300 072 757 for campground and cottage bookings
- 2 Lady Carrington Drive, Royal National Park, NSW 2232