Woolpack Rocks lookout
Cathedral Rock National Park
Woolpack Rocks lookout is in Cathedral Rock National Park. Use Woolpack Rocks walking track to reach this lofty summit of spectacular boulders and enjoy fantastic tableland views.
The boulders of Woolpack Rocks lookout are just as impressive as those at Cathedral Rock, and the views of the New England Tablelands equally stunning. But this summit is a little easier to reach than the arduous climb up to Cathedral Rock.
Pause for lunch amongst the ancient weathered boulders of this natural lookout and soak up panoramic views. If you stay still enough, you may even see beautiful wedge-tailed eagles soaring overhead.
Starting from Native Dog campground, follow this track to Woolpack Rocks, where you can picnic, birdwatch and walk to the summit for views across the New England Tablelands.
These maps give a basic overview of park attractions and facilities, and may not be detailed enough for some activities. We recommend that you buy a topographic map before you go exploring.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Glen Innes office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6739 0700
- 68 Church Street, Glen Innes NSW 2370
- in Cathedral Rock National Park in the Country NSW region
Cathedral Rock National Park is always open, but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Things to do (77)
- 4WD touring (1)
- Aboriginal culture (2)
- Adventure sports (1)
- Birdwatching and wildlife encounters (28)
- Cafes and kiosks (1)
- Canoeing/paddling (1)
- Cultural heritage (1)
- Environmental appreciation/study (1)
- Fishing (1)
- Geotourism (3)
- Historic heritage (2)
- Photography (2)
- Picnics and barbecues (19)
- Road trips and car/bus tours (3)
- Sightseeing (53)
- Surfing (1)
- Swimming (5)
- Visitor centres (1)
- Walking (38)
- Waterfalls (28)
- Wildflowers (seasonal) (7)