Brisbane Water National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Warrah lookout.
Getting there and parking
Get driving directions
From Umina Beach:
- Take Patonga Drive
- About 2.5kms past Pearl Beach Road, turn left into Warrah Trig Road
- The carpark is at the end of the road and the Doyles walking track starts at the carpark
Park entry points
- Patonga See on map
- Unsealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
Parking is available at Warrah lookout.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Brisbane Water National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
The cooler weather makes it a perfect time to find a waterfall walking track, and keep an eye out for ancient Aboriginal engravings along the way.
Pack a picnic lunch and soak up the delightful sights and sounds of spring. Relax among the wildflowers and wildlife as the Hawkesbury River flows by.
Take advantage of the warmer summer weather and paddle down Patonga Creek or Mooney Mooney Creek in a canoe.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
15°C and 27°C
5°C and 19°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
Maps and downloads
- in Brisbane Water National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
Two picnic areas within the park close of an evening:
- Girrakool picnic area is open 9am to 5pm every day
- Somersby Falls picnic area is open 8am to 8pm during daylight savings and is open 8am to 5pm at other times
Other areas of Brisbane Water National Park will be open at all times, however may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$8 per vehicle per day applies at Girrakool and Somersby Falls picnic areas. The park has coin-operated pay and display machines - please bring correct coins.
You will need a permit to hold a wedding or undertake commercial photography within the park.Buy annual pass