Brisbane Water National Park
Warrah lookout, offering scenic views of Broken Bay and the Hawkesbury River, is just a short walk from the carpark. It’s a great place to see Waratahs in season.
- Brisbane Water National Park in Sydney and surrounds
- Entry fees
- Park entry fees apply
- What to
- Drinking water
- Please note
- The track leading to Warrah lookout has steps and rough ground
- It’s about 15 minutes one-way to the lookout
Warrah lookout offers spectacular views across Broken Bay and the Hawkesbury River, making this a great spot to visit all year round. Put your eyes to the test and see if you can make out the finer details of Broken Bay inlet in the distance. The rustle of the eucalyptus trees around you and the lapping of the waves below will provide the perfect soundtrack for your visit.
Did you know waratahs are the state emblem for New South Wales? You won’t want to miss their stunning late-winter bloom on display at Warrah lookout. Known as Waratah Patch by locals, this is one of the best places in the park to see these fiery-red flowers.
Although the track to the lookout has steps and some rough ground, it is an easy and short walk from the carpark.
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- in Brisbane Water National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
Two picnic areas in Brisbane Water National Park close in the evening:
- Girrakool picnic area is open 7am to 8pm during daylight savings and is open 7am to 6pm at other times
- Somersby Falls picnic area is open 8am to 8pm during daylight savings and is open 8am to 5pm at other times
Other areas of Brisbane Water National Park will be open at all times, however may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$8 per vehicle per day applies at Girrakool and Somersby Falls picnic areas. The park has coin-operated pay and display machines - please bring correct coins.
You will need a permit to hold a wedding or undertake commercial photography within the park.Buy annual pass