Wallace Craigie lookout
Lower Snowy River area in Kosciuszko National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Wallace Craigie lookout.
Getting there and parking
Wallace Craigie lookout is in the southern (Lower Snowy) precinct of Kosciuszko National Park. To get there from the Snowy Region Visitor Centre:
- Drive 1.5km along Kosciuszko Road
- Turn left onto Barry Way and drive 38.2km south
- Turn right into the Wallace Craigie lookout parking area, immediately adjacent to Barry Way.
- Check the weather before you set out as the road to Wallace Craigie lookout can become slippery when it rains.
- Unsealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- 4WD required in wet weather
Parking is available at Wallace Craigie lookout.
- Non-flush toilets
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - medium
- The toilet is accessed by a gravel ramp where assistance will be required.
Flying a drone for recreational purposes is prohibited in this area. Drones may affect public enjoyment, safety and privacy, interfere with park operations, or pose a threat to wildlife. See the Drones in Parks policy.
This area may be a declared Drone Exclusion Zone, or may be subject to Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA) rules for flying near airports, aerodromes and helicopter landing sites. See CASA's Drone Flyer Rules.
Commercial filming and photography
NSW national parks are no smoking areas.
- Snowy Region Visitor Centre
- 8.30am to 5pm daily. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 6450 5600
- 49 Kosciuszko Road, Jindabyne NSW 2627
- in the Lower Snowy River area of Kosciuszko National Park in the Snowy Mountains region
The Lower Snowy River area is open all year, but some roads and trails may close due to weather conditions or park management issues.
No park entry fees apply in the Lower Snowy River area. See vehicle entry fees for other areas in Kosciuszko National Park.Buy annual pass