The Narrow Place lookout
Watagans National Park
All the practical information you need to know about The Narrow Place lookout.
Getting there and parking
The Narrow Place lookout is in the far northern precinct of Watagans National Park. To get there:
From the north:
- Turn off Sandy Creek Road, at Quorrobolong, onto Heaton Road.
- Follow Heaton Road south, uphill past the cattle grid, to the top of the hill.
- Turn right onto Georges Road and follow this unsealed trail for 5.6km to the lookout
From the south:
- Turn off Freemans Drive, at Cooranbong, onto Mount Faulk Road and follow it uphill onto the gravel road.
- Veer left, past the turn-off to Heaton lookout.
- Continue past the junction of Watagan Forest Road, to the left and past the Old Watagan Forest headquarters, to the intersection of Georges Road.
- Turn left onto Georges Road and follow for 5.6km until you reach the lookout
If you're driving, please ensure you use caution when parking at this location as there is a steep vertical drop to the valley below.
Check the weather before you set out as the road to The Narrow Place lookout can become slippery when it rains
- Unsealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- 4WD required in wet weather
There is limited parking available at The Narrow Place lookout.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Watagans National Park.
Camp at Gap Creek or Bangalow campground and enjoy a campfire as the sun sets.
Cooling off at Boarding House Dam is especially popular during summer months Enjoy the moist and cool Circuit walking track .
Late winter sees the bloom of Illawara flame trees which can be seen across the valley from Gap Creek lookout Check out the views from the various lookouts, while the air is crisp and clean .
Weather, temperature and rainfall
16°C and 30°C
5°C and 16°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
Drinking water is not available in this area, so it’s a good idea to bring your own.