Mount Canobolas State Conservation Area
All the practical information you need to know about Summit lookout.
Getting there and parking
Summit lookout is in the summit area of Mount Canobolas State Conservation Area. To get there from Orange:
- Travel west out of Orange along Cargo Road (A32) toward Nashdale.
- After 3.8km turn left onto Lake Canobolas Road.
- Follow Lake Canobolas Road for 6.3km, then turn right onto Mount Canobolas Road.
- Continue on Mount Canobolas Road for 5.7km, following it all the way to Summit lookout.
All park access roads are closed to vehicles during snow.
- Sealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
Parking is available at Summit lookout, including 2 accessible car spaces.
Accessible toilets are available.
- Non-flush toilets
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - easy
- Summit lookout is wheelchair-accessible, but wheelchair users may require assistance in some grassy areas.
- Wheelchair-accessible toilets are available.
- There are 2 accessible car spaces.
- Access to the top lookout is across a wide, paved area with slight inclines.
Easy access is free of obstacles such as steps, rough terrain or significant slopes, and may have ramps or boardwalks.
Camp fires and solid fuel burners
Flying a drone for recreational purposes is prohibited in this area. Drones may affect public enjoyment, safety and privacy, interfere with park operations, or pose a threat to wildlife. See the Drones in Parks policy.
This area may be a declared Drone Exclusion Zone, or may be subject to Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA) rules for flying near airports, aerodromes and helicopter landing sites. See CASA's Drone Flyer Rules.
Commercial filming and photography
Commercial filming or photography is prohibited without prior consent. You must apply for permission and contact the local office.
Model aircraft are also prohibited.
Pets and domestic animals (other than certified assistance animals) are not permitted. Find out which regional parks allow dog walking and see the pets in parks policy for more information.
NSW national parks are no smoking areas.
- Bathurst office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6332 7640
- 02 6332 7680 To contact the KARST Conservation Unit in this office.
- Level 2, 203-209 Russell Street, Bathurst NSW 2795
- in Mount Canobolas State Conservation Area in the Country NSW region
Mount Canobolas State Conservation Area is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.