Sublime Point lookout - Leura
Katoomba area in Blue Mountains National Park
A great picnic spot for families and rock climbers alike. Sublime Point lookout, in Leura, offers birdwatching and scenic valley views across nearby Blue Mountains National Park.
- Katoomba area in Blue Mountains National Park
- What to
- Drinking water, sunscreen, hat, sturdy shoes, clothes for all weather conditions
- Please note
- Visit the Blue Mountains City Council website for closures at this lookout.
- For more information visit the council's visitor centres at Echo Point, Katoomba or on the Great Western Highway at Glenbrook.
- Climbers need to be well prepared and very experienced to tackle the vertical cliffs around Sublime lookout.
Sublime Point lookout is managed by Blue Mountains City Council and is located outside Blue Mountains National Park.
You'll feel like you’re on the edge of the world as the views go on forever at Sublime Point lookout. Located in Leura, overlooking Blue Mountains National Park, this spot offers sensational views of the Jamison Valley, and is popular with picnickers and birdwatcher. The more adventurous know it as a haven for rock climbing.
Following an easy track, look for gang-gangs and cockatoos feeding in the casuarinas during summer. You’ll cross a bridge over a dramatic ravine before arriving at the lookout platform.
Gaze across the scenic valley views and soak up the unending wilderness. You’ll get a different viewpoint on Katoomba and the extended family of The Three Sisters. On a misty morning, Mount Solitary rising out of the clouds is a magnificent sight.
The sheer cliffs attract experienced rock climbers, who are often seen tackling climbs such as ‘Hells Bells’ and ‘Sweet Dreams’.
- Blue Mountains City Council
- 02 4780 5000
- Echo Point Visitor Centre, Katoomba or Glenbrook Visitor Centre, Glenbrook
- in the Katoomba area of Blue Mountains National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
Katoomba area is always open but some locations may close at times due to maintenance, poor weather or fire danger.