Morton National Park
Journey along West Rim walking track to Starkeys lookout in Morton National Park. You’ll be rewarded with the breathtaking sight of Fitzroy Falls and Lady Hordern Falls as they cascade into the gorge below.
Starkeys lookout is the first point along West Rim walking track where you can clearly see both Fitzroy Falls and Lady Hordern Falls. Located towards the end of the track, it’s a 3km return walk from Fitzroy Falls lookout and easily accessible from Redhills fire trail.
Take in the spectacular sight of the falls from the viewing platform and admire the stunning contrast between the cascades, bushland and surrounding sandstone cliffs. If you watch closely, you can see the water travel down through waterholes to the point where Yarrunga Creek and Wildes Meadow Creek converge.
West Rim walking track
Moderate West Rim walking track offers scenic waterfall views, ideal for families on a car tour of Morton National Park, in the Southern Highlands, near Robertson.
These maps give a basic overview of park attractions and facilities, and may not be detailed enough for some activities. We recommend that you buy a topographic map before you go exploring.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Fitzroy Falls Visitor Centre
- 9am to 4pm daily. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 4887 8270
- 1301 Nowra Road, Fitzroy Falls NSW 2577
- in Morton National Park in the South Coast and Country NSW regions
Morton National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Parts of the south-eastern area of this park were once used for military training and may contain unexploded artillery shells. These areas have restrictions in place for your safety.
Park entry fees:
Fitzroy Falls: $4 per vehicle per day. Bundanoon area: $8 per vehicle per day. The park has pay and display machines - cash and cards accepted.Buy annual pass
Things to do (152)
- Aboriginal culture (4)
- Adventure sports (3)
- Birdwatching and wildlife encounters (44)
- Cafes and kiosks (4)
- Canoeing/paddling (7)
- Cultural heritage (2)
- Cycling (5)
- Environmental appreciation/study (2)
- Fishing (5)
- Historic heritage (10)
- Other experiences (6)
- Photography (1)
- Picnics and barbecues (26)
- Road trips and car/bus tours (9)
- Sailing, boating and cruises (2)
- Show cave tours (8)
- Sightseeing (79)
- Snorkelling and scuba (2)
- Surfing (2)
- Swimming (12)
- Visitor centres (4)
- Walking (81)
- Waterfalls (31)
- Waterhole (1)
- Wildflowers (seasonal) (19)