Toonumbar National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Sherwood lookout.
Getting there and parking
Sherwood lookout is in Toonumbar National Park. To get there from Kyogle:
- Leave the Summerland Way and travel west via Kyogle and Murray Scrub Road (35km)
- Where Toonumbar Forest Drive meets Murray Scrub Road, follow Toonumbar Forest Drive for 10km.
- At the intersection of Coxs Road, turn right (east) and travel for 2km.
- To reach the northern end of the park, take Coxs Road, which leaves the Summerland Way about 8km west of Grevillea to join Toonumbar Forest Drive.
- Follow this road from the park entrance for 6km
- At the intersection of Coxs Road, turn left (east) and travel for 2km.
Check the weather before you set out as the road to Sherwood lookout can become boggy when it rains.
- Unsealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- Dry weather only
Parking is available
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Toonumbar National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
Take a spectacular scenic drive through the rainforest on Toonumbar Forest Drive Picnic at Sherwood lookout and soak up the spectacular views to Mount Lindesay and the McPherson Range .
Witness the burst of colour of new red leaf tips on giant red cedars from the soaring vantage point of the Murray Scrub lookout. Or gaze up at the glowing canopy from down below on the Murray Scrub walking track.
Camp at Iron Pot campground where you can drink from and swim in the pristine waters of Iron Pot Creek. On a hot summer day, enjoy a walk through the cool, shady rainforest at Murray Scrub walking track. .
Watch mist rise from the rainforest valleys below from Murray Scrub lookout.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
15°C and 30°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
- Wood barbecues (bring your own firewood)
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - easy
This area is fully wheelchair-accessible
- Kyogle office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6632 0000
- 136 Summerland Way, Kyogle NSW 2474