Sawn Rocks lookout
Mount Kaputar National Park
Sawn Rocks lookout is on easy Sawn Rocks walking track in Mount Kaputar National Park. It makes an ideal stage for photographing the distinctive organ pipe formations of Sawn Rocks.
Sawn Rocks walking track
This easy walk beside a shady creek bed leads you to a spectacular rock formation - the unique, organ-pipe cliff face of Sawn Rocks and scenic views.
Sawn Rocks picnic area
Sawn Rocks picnic area is located at the start of Sawn Rocks walking track in Mount Kaputar National Park. It’s ideal for barbecues and picnics with scenic views of North West NSW.
These maps give a basic overview of park attractions and facilities, and may not be detailed enough for some activities. We recommend that you buy a topographic map before you go exploring.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Narrabri office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6792 7300
- Level 1, 100 Maitland Street, Narrabri NSW 2390. Accessible via Dewhurst Street.
- in Mount Kaputar National Park in the Country NSW region
Mount Kaputar National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Things to do (42)
- 4WD touring (1)
- Aboriginal culture (6)
- Birdwatching and wildlife encounters (10)
- Cycling (3)
- Educational activities (1)
- Geotourism (1)
- Historic heritage (3)
- Picnics and barbecues (9)
- Road trips and car/bus tours (2)
- Sightseeing (28)
- Swimming (1)
- Walking (22)
- Waterfalls (4)
- Wildflowers (seasonal) (6)